Friday 23 December 2011

WOTSONTELLY. A RUSSIAN DOLL OF AWKWARDNESS. SIMON AMSTELL, DO NOTHING LIVE. BBC3

Amstell, FagZen for thirty-somethings.

I always feel like an embarrassing uncle, enjoying Simon Amstell;  he's only a child after all but this show, filmed in Dublin, is a gem, his consistently gentle and restorative approach to Life's interlocking feeding frenzies - religion, family, sex and success -  is funny, thoughtful and - unusually, among Britain's damned legions of ghastly stand-ups - life-affirming and conciliatory.  A delightful, funny, revelatory Judaeo-Zen rap, see it if you can.

2 comments:

mongoose said...

I cannot make tnat work, Mr I. Anyway... Matins for you.

call me ishmael said...

It's not a link,mr m, you must peruse it on the i-Thing; it will make your Christmas, I guarantee it.

I will look at matins, thanks, when consuming duties permit.