Sunday 26 April 2009

....THEN HE ASKED ME TO BE HIS BRIDE, ALWAYS BE RIGHT BY HIS SIDE, I FELT SO HAPPY I ALMOST CRIED, AND THEN HE SHOT ME.

 
Posted by Picasa


PHIL SPECTOR CHECKING OUT THE GOODS IN EASY RIDER, 1969



No, I want five pianos, two uprights, one electric and two concert grands and I
want one a them a fraction out of tune and I want the drums set up in the
bathroom and I want those drum breaks to sound like Stukas strafing Warsaw and
I want eight guitarists and twelve percussionists and all you guitarists, I want
half of you to play the chords in this position here, with the fingers like so
and I want the other half to play in that position and I want the horn section
playing out in the garage and the sax player standing on his head and I want
twenty people stood just here playing castanets and I want the three black
chicks singing da-doo-ron-ron-ron over and fucking over until their fucking
noses bleed and here’s the string parts I wrote for six fiddles and three
cellos and four basses and if anybody plays it wrong I’m gonna shoot them with
this crossbow, right between the fucking eyes and I want God to send thunder and
lightning, so get a microphone up on the roof....…Ah one-two-three-four duh-duh-duh
duh-duh-duh duh duh-duh-duh duh-duh-duh duh-duh-duh duh-duh-duh duh, I met him
on a Monday and my heart stood still, da-doo-ron-ron-ron, da doo ron ron……

To Know Know Know Him Is To Love Love Love Him
Be My Baby
Da Doo Ron Ron
You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
Then He Kissed Me
Baby I Love You
Walking in the Rain
He's a Rebel
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
Not Too Young to Get Married
(Today I Met) The Boy I'm Gonna Marry
Wait 'Til My Bobby Gets Home
Pretty Little Angel Eyes
I Love How You Love Me
Every Breath I Take
Under the Moon of Love
He's Sure the Boy I Love
Spanish Harlem
Unchained Melody
River Deep, Mountain High



Phil Spector was the man. Better to have a gun and not need one than need one
and not have one,is what he used to say.Play it loud, play it in mono, he
said that, too....

The other day Phil Spector took a lot of people's childhoods to jail.

2 comments:

Verge said...

Thought it was Joe Meek who used to have the drummer in the bathroom (so to speak, and the other way as well by all accounts.)

He went Section 8 too, of course. Anxiety of influence, anyone?

call me ishmael said...

It was Joe Meek, poetic license on my part, although Spector was hugely unconventional in his mic-ing and recording techniques; I think he coined the term Let It Bleed when taxed by engineers over over one instrument's sound bleeding into another and the Rolling Stones stole it, like everything else. Rock n roll, I didn't give you the best days of my life