I AM SPIT-GOVE. SMELL MY BREATH
ISN'T IT SICKENING?
Tory-Murdoch MP and alien, Mr Michael Spit-Gove, despite his insistence on Monday's Newsnight that he wouldn't, is to apologise to everybody, only not for being an obnoxious little cunt.
Spit-Gove, an orphan from space and the Coalition of the Unwholesome's pretend education seckatry siad that where he came from lying was just the same as telling the truth and he really didn't see what the fuss was about and anyway the former chief seckatry of the Treasury had said all the money was gone so it was alright, therefore, for he, Spit-Gove to lie his scabby arse off; he was speaking as a parent, after all. Mr CallHimDave, the current, unelected prime minister said that this was what the country needed, strongstableandlyinggovament, we shall lie to them on the beaches, we shall lie to them in the hospitals and the old people's homes, we shall never tell the truth and if the Coalition of the Unwholesome last a thousand days -which it won't - men will say They Never Told The Truth.
This is from the LibDem supporting Daily Arsebridger:
The education secretary, Michael Gove, is to "apologise unreservedly" for dashing the hopes of scores of schools across the country after mistakenly promising them new buildings.
On Monday, Gove cancelled Labour's £55bn school building programme, suspending projects for 715 new schools as part of the coalition's latest tranche of spending cuts. Gove told the Commons that the scheme had been hit by "massive overspends, tragic delays, botched construction projects and needless bureaucracy".
Hundreds of schools checked a list, published by the Department for Education (DfE) on Monday, to see whether their rebuiling plans were going ahead. It has now emerged that the list had 25 errors.
Schools in Sandwell, in the West Midlands, appeared to have had their projects saved, but this was later found to be incorrect. The same happened in Derby, Northamptonshire, Peterborough, Doncaster, Greenwich, Staffordshire, Wiltshire, Lancashire and Bexley.
Steve Eling, deputy leader of Sandwell council, said the errors were "bizarre and disgraceful". Schools' hopes had been "stolen from under our noses", he said.
"The official letter lodged in the House of Commons library says our Building Schools for the Future (BSF) scheme was confirmed, and now that appears to have been reneged upon." The effects, Eling said, would be dire.
Gove is to apologise in writing to the Commons. His department said it "apologised unreservedly for these errors or lack of clarity for parents, teachers and local communities".
Today, the published a corrected list.
It means that an extra 10 schools – nine in Sandwell and one in Doncaster – have been told their projects have been stopped.
A further 11 schools' projects are now up for "discussion".
John Bercow, Commons speaker, ruled there had been a "breach of courtesy" by Gove and said he should have been aware that officials in his department had given the document to the media.
Labour MP Tom Watson said young people in his constituency had had their hopes dashed. In a point of order, he said: "The young people in my constituency deserve an apology for having their hopes raised and then cruelly dashed 24 hours later."
Bercow told him: "Obviously if something said to this House were misleading – and that's a strict and tough test – it should be corrected. And if, and I don't know whether it is, any apology is required, I hope that it will be forthcoming."
Ed Balls, Labour's shadow education secretary, has written to Gove to point out the errors.
"This is a very serious matter and I would ask you to come back to the House of Commons to apologise to the schools affected and to publish a final correct list showing clearly where the errors were, so schools and communities can have certainty about whether or not they will receive the investment they were promised," he said.
"I believe this is a disgraceful way for a secretary of state to make an announcement, when opportunities for young people and the hopes of communities are in the balance."
Jane Lees, headteacher of Hindley high school in Wigan, has just had plans for the rebuilding of her school cancelled after working on it with her local authority for a year.
She said the schools that thought their projects had been saved, but today discovered they had not been, must have been on an "emotional rollercoaster".
"I think that the government has under-estimated the depth of feeling that communities, as well as schools, have about the rebuilding programme. While we understand that cuts have to be made, those that thought they were going to have rebuilding work and now aren't, are going to be devastated."