Father of 7/7 victim snubs the
press inquiry 'hijacked by celebrities'
Unhappy: Graham Foulkes has rejected the chance to speak at the Leveson inquiry
Graham Foulkes was told by police that – following the death of his son David – his phone had been targeted by a private investigator working for the News of the World.
Appalled by the discovery, he said he initially wanted ‘retribution’ and had hoped the Leveson inquiry would focus on the media’s treatment of victims of tragedies.
But Mr Foulkes, a magistrate, said he had now decided against offering evidence – despite having testified to the July 7 inquest.
‘My objection to the inquiry is that I believe it’s been hijacked by so-called celebrities and they’re using it for their own purposes,’ he said.